As a guitarist I used to play a lot of gigs in a former life. I had a trademark… I would plug in the power supply to my amplifier, connect all my effects pedals, plug in my guitar, tune up and like clockwork I wouldn’t get any sound to come out of my amp. Why? Because I always forgot to plug my guitar into the amp. No matter how many other things I did, sound will not come out of my amp if I don’t get plugged in. It became a joke with the guys I use to play with, they expected it.
Things happen when you get plugged in.
We believe getting plugged in is crucial for our church too. The truth is Christ’s Fellowship doesn’t exist without so many people serving. We’ve been so blessed to have a number of volunteers and volunteer leaders to hold so many things together. As we look to the future and continue impacting our world for Christ. Things happen when you get plugged in by serving.
- You are allowing yourself, your time, abilities to be used by God for His glory.
- You are joining in with the body to help people love God, love people and impact our world for Christ. We are in this together.
In the Bible, Paul is talking about the Church and compares it to a body.
“Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body,so it is with Christ.” 1 Corinthian 12:12
We are many people with different talents, different personalities and different God given gifts that can be used for His glory and impacting this world.
Here are the ministries that we are trying to get more people plugged in to.
- CF Kid’s- teach or assist with our elementary and younger kids
- CF Students- teach or assist with our 6th-12th graders
- Tech Team- run lights, sound, or our presentation computer
- Home Team- Help peolple have a great experience by making coffee, greeting, holding doors, directing traffic and helping with info.
- Facilities Team- regular cleaning crew, maintenance, repairs
- Prayer Team- meets first Tuesdays for group prayer, pray regularly for submitted prayer requests
You can sign-up online HERE or you can sign up in the Lobby on Sunday. Let me challenge you to ‘try it out’. We’d love to help get you plugged in. Things happen when you get plugged in.
CF is for lovers!
We had an incredible Sunday last week as we joined together to ‘love God’. Most of you know this but we said ‘bye’ to Mike and Erin Twine as it was Mike’s last Sunday as our worship minister. It is a big transition for CF and some of you have asked ‘what’s next for CF?’ or at least you are wondering that.
At Christ’s Fellowship, one of the things we’ve always valued is having quality music for our worship time. The truth is, when ‘unchurched’ people come through our doors, one of the first things they will experience is our worship team, so we want it to be good. It’s a huge first impression that helps open the door for who CF is, and more importantly for who God is. We want people to connect with the music so they will connect with the message of the music. Mike has done a great job with that.
So what is next for CF? For the next season our worship ministry is being held together by several volunteers that have stepped up. I can tell you this, God has provided us with a number of talented people who have the ability and passion to lead others in worship. I can also tell you this, for some of them this is a step of faith. Stepping up to be used by God in new ways is often scary and takes us out of our comfort zone.
On Sundays for this next season of church life you will experience familiar faces taking the helm to help lead us in worshipping our God together.
Even through transitions and change, we hold to making those great first impressions to those who are ‘checking church out’, and creating experiences for us to grow in our love for God.
Remember this Sunday we have one service at 10:10am. I want to remind you committed people to take the worst parking (on the far side of the building), and take the least popular seats (up front) to make room for our guests so they can have a good experience and more importantly a God experience. As Jesus said about himself,
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:10
We want to join Jesus in that rescue mission by pointing people towards Jesus. Everything you do helps impact someone else’s experience.
CF is for lovers!
Christ’s Fellowship is kept running by so many people who serve. Serving doesn’t have to be daunting or draining, it can be fun but most importantly you can help CF point people towards Jesus.
While we are always looking for people to serve in every area, here are some new opportunities as well as some much needed areas:
1) Wear a neon vest and help park cars. People’s experience starts the second they pull on our property, and we want them to have a good experience… and we don’t want anyone to get run over.
2) Be a Teachers Assistant in our Lower Elementary Class. While the risk is great, the reward is greater. Help point our kids towards Jesus.
3) Be a teachers assistant for our 2-3 year old class on Sunday mornings. Again great risk, great reward.
4) Make Coffee as part of our Hospitality team. If you really need people to love you then this is a job for you.
5) Come in the office on Thursday or Friday to get the bulletins ready for Sunday.
6) Take pictures and/or videos at events, activities and baptisms. Are you gifted or passionate about this? We’d love for you to help capture some of these moments and help us in sharing these moments.
7) Make sure the building is clean for our Sunday services. Join a team of 2-3 people and your group will be in the monthly rotation.
8) Greeting people and holding the door for people who are coming in and out of church. Warning: someone might give you a hug.
If you are able and interested to start serving in any of these areas (or other areas), please contact me at: aaron@cfisforlovers and I’d love to get you connected.
Loving God. Loving People. Impacting the world for Christ.
Let’s make 2015 the best year yet! As believers, staying in God’s Word is incredibly important. Join in with CF and allow God to work IN you so he can work THROUGH you. Let’s impact our world for Christ!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and here is why you should be at CF:
1) It’s a great way to honor our moms: literally without them we wouldn’t be here 🙂
2) We are continuing our series ‘Identity Theft’ and I can’t wait for this message.
3) It’s a great time to invite somebody or whole families who aren’t part of church.
4) We celebrate mom’s CF style… which is pretty awesome. You’ll have to be there…don’t be late 😉
CF is for lovers!
As you know we like to have fun. Christ’s Fellowship is doing a 5 week series called ‘Identity Theft’ through the book of Ephesians from April 27th-May 25th. During this series we are having a ‘CF selfie’ contest to go along with our ‘Identity’ theme.
In case you haven’t used technology for the past 5 years a ‘selfie’ is a picture taken of you…by you. We are going for funny, creative, cute, epic…whatever. The only rules are: it has to be a selfie, no ‘duck face’, and no slutty selfies (should be a given right).
Just upload your selfie(s) to CF’s Facebook or Twitter (both cfisforlovers) with the hashtag #CFselfies, or you can email a pic to aaron@cfisforlovers. Bonus points for fun hashtags.
May 16th is the entry deadline, and they will be narrowed down and voted on Sunday May 18th.
As we close out our series on May 25th our winners will be named.
1st prize: $100 Lowe’s gift card
2nd prize: $50 Lowe’s gift card
3rd prize: a hug or a high five
CF is for lovers…of selfies